- TO REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT, CALL CPS AT 1-800-342-3720
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Executive Administrative Assistant
HOURS:Monday- Friday 8:30-4pm, 35 hours a week, with some flexibility based on availability and agency needs.
Located at 148 So. Fitzhugh Street the position provides administrative support to all agency staff as instructed by the Executive Assistant. Manages the front desk at 148 So. Fitzhugh St. Responsible for attending to tasks and details while maintaining a relational and friendly approach. Does related work as required.
This position will engage with staff and clients in a manner that aligns with SPCC’s commitment to Trauma Informed Care and Equity.
- Provides general administrative support for staff including ordering of supplies, distribution of petty cash, management of credit card requests and all requests that come through the Administrative Work request portal and as instructed by the Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Leading with compassion when responding to phone calls and answering the door.
- Maintaining a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains the front office, copy room and any other general community area, ensuring that the public, families served and staff are greeted and welcomed into a warm and professional space. This includes ensuring the space is clean, organized and professional looking, maintaining adequate inventory of supplies equipment maintenance, mailbox management, etc.
- Responsible for work assigned by the Executive Administrative Assistant which may include job postings, banking, petty cash processing, requesting insurance certificates, assisting with contract and grant preparation, compiling information, editing, copying, electronic and hard copy submissions, COMET data entry, tracking/ posting open positions, assists with agency fundraisers, orientation and Safety Training prep, set up and take down for different trainings etc.
- Exemplifies a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion work and delivering services within a trauma-informed and equitable lens.
- Runs errands for the agency staff and Executive Assistant which may include banking, picking up donations and supply orders.
- Provides support around building concerns/facilitates maintenance and moving requests
- Associates degree in secretarial science or related field or High School Diploma with two years of office experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and other software programs
- Notary Public preferred, pursuing exam within the first three months of employment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with attention to detail while multitasking
- Good editing, spelling, grammar and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and relate well to other professionals and individuals with varied socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work and delivering services with a trauma-informed and equity lens.
- Expected to attend available workshops and seminars as it pertains to professional development.
- A valid NYS driver’s license with a good driving record, must have available transportation with agency-required levels of automobile liability insurance coverage.
WORKING AT SPCC: As an employer, SPCC believes that it is our responsibility to offer a work environment that is family-friendly, flexible scheduling, supportive, and trauma-informed. Professional development opportunities that enhance program goals and employee needs are offered. Quality weekly individual and group supervision is prioritized for all staff. SPCC is committed to the work of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and delivering services with a trauma-informed and equitable lens. We are seeking candidates who can contribute to this standard and purpose of the agency in efforts to better serve the well-being of all.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete the Agency Confidentiality Agreement, required Background Check, and State Central Register Clearance. The Candidate must possess a valid NYS driver’s license with a good driving record and carry agency required levels of automobile liability insurance.
This position is benefits eligible.
SUBMIT APPLICATION and RESUME TO: Ashley Snyder, Executive Administrative Assistant
DEADLINE: June 7, 2023
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE: Employment-Application-rev-June-2021-1-for-PDF-Form-Fill.pdf (spcc-roch.org)