- TO REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT, CALL CPS AT 1-800-342-3720
The Society for the Protection and Care of Children Job Posting
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance
Job Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday at 40 hrs. per. week
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance. Accounts Payable
Specialist duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring outgoing payments by verifying, processing and posting payables.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of vendors, call to collect, and monitor payment arrangement activity.
- Review discounts and sales terms accounts.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payables data
- Accurately prepare and process payment for invoices in a timely manner
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve vendor billing issues
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable status
- Import and process bi-weekly payroll into accounting software in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare various ad hoc reports throughout the year
- Compile 1099 vendor information for year-end tax reporting
- Reconcile credit card reports and address any discrepancies
- Prepare and compile all monthly financial back up and data as required for government grant vouchers
- Assist with internal audits, agency desk audits and annual single audit as needed
- A demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work and delivering services with a trauma-informed and equitable lens
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance
Education and Experience
- AA Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance, B.A preferred
- 2+ years AP/AR or general accounting experience
- 1+ years of experience government contracts preferred
- Proficient with Computers, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including presentation skills.
- Detail oriented
Resumes submitted by November 30th, 2022