- TO REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT, CALL CPS AT 1-800-342-3720
TITLE: Full-Time Visitation Specialist, Supervised Visitation/Exchange Program
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Services
HOURS: 40 hours per week; may include evenings and weekends
JOB SUMMARY: Visitation Specialists provide supervised visitation and exchange services to families impacted
by maltreatment, neglect, attachment disruption, loss, separation (often through foster care), high conflict divorce
and custody, and histories of trauma. Visitation Specialists weave in parent education, visit coaching and support to
strengthen the parent/child relationship.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, e.g., psychology, sociology and/or counseling, with a
minimum of two years’ experience working with children and families preferred. In lieu of a four-year
degree, candidates with a minimum of five years’ experience working with children and families who have
experienced trauma may be considered.
• Intimate partner violence and/or parent education experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
• Candidate must demonstrate commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work and delivering services
with a trauma-informed and equity lens.
• Selected candidate will continuous be expected to advance professional knowledge and skills by attending
relevant workshops and seminars.
• A valid NYS driver’s license with a good driving record.
WORKING AT SPCC: As an employer, SPCC believes that it is our responsibility to offer a work environment
that is family-friendly, flexible scheduling, supportive, and trauma-informed. Professional development
opportunities that enhance program goals and employee needs are offered. Quality weekly individual and group
supervision is prioritized for all staff. SPCC is committed to the work of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and
delivering services with a trauma-informed and equitable lens. We are seeking candidates who can contribute to this
standard and purpose of the agency in efforts to better serve the well-being of all.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete the Agency Confidentiality Agreement, required Background
Check, and State Central Register Clearance. The Candidate must possess a valid NYS driver’s license with a good
driving record and carry agency required levels of automobile liability insurance.
This position is benefits eligible.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Lisa D’Orsi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Society for the Protection Care of Children
451 E. Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14620
DEADLINE: December 10, 202