- TO REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT, CALL CPS AT 1-800-342-3720
TITLE: Program Senior – Family Trauma Intervention Program (FTIP)
ACCOUNTABILITY: Clinical Supervisor
TOTAL HOURS: 40 hours per week
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9-5 PM, with some occasional evening flexibility required.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $63,000
JOB SUMMARY:Provides weekly reflective, clinical and administrative supervision to a portion of the
program’s therapists, case managers and/or interns, as well as provides home-based individual and family therapy to a reduced caseload of children and families for whom the children may be at risk of foster care placement, have experienced severe abuse or a fatality, and/or trauma has been a major cause of disruptive family life. Provides overall support to the program in partnership with the Clinical Supervisor, including administrative tasks as needed.
This position will demonstrate a commitment to best practice, professional development and leadership, as well as exemplifying commitment to diversity and equity, and delivering services with a trauma-informed and equitable lens. They will complete regular reviews of client records to ensure quality services are being delivered, will provide feedback of their findings to staff and/or interns, and will inform the Clinical Supervisor of any areas of concern. The Program Senior will engage staff in ongoing discussion about therapeutic assessments, and strategic intervention models and practices. They will work in conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor to identify program needs and staff training needs, and will complete performance appraisals for some staff annually, in consultation with the Clinical Supervisor. They will participate in the vetting process for hiring new staff, and will assist in the onboarding process. They will also attend all required internal meetings and trainings, and will attend any required community-based meetings, to help maintain working relationships with partner agencies and provide ongoing education. They will also be required to perform on-call coverage, including occasional backup support to the Clinical Supervisor, as needed.
Minimum of Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and
Family Therapy or Creative Arts Therapy, or related field and be licensed or license eligible in the state of New York at time of hire.
• Training and a working knowledge of Infant Mental Health; NYS-AIMH Endorsement or working toward endorsement is preferred.
• Expertise in clinical psychotherapy skills with children and families impacted by trauma, loss, poverty and adversity, child maltreatment, caregiver-child relationships, and a working understanding of providing reflective, clinical, and administrative supervision.
• A solid understanding of or experience in supervising diverse staff with humility, as well as providing
support to staff and families during crisis or stressful situations.
• Willingness to engage in building reflective practice (e.g., capacity for introspection, communicating
awareness of self in relation to others, recognizing value of supervision, etc.)
• Detail-oriented, organized and strong communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
• Must exemplify a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion work and delivering services within a trauma-informed and equitable lens.
Working for SPCC: As an employer, SPCC believes that it is our responsibility to offer a work environment that is family-friendly, flexible scheduling, supportive, and trauma-informed. Professional development opportunities that enhance program goals and employee needs are offered. Quality weekly individual and group supervision is prioritized for all staff. SPCC is committed to the work of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and delivering services with a trauma- informed and equitable lens. We are seeking candidates who can contribute to this standard and purpose of the agencyin efforts to better serve the well-being of all.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete the Agency Confidentiality Agreement, required Background Check, and State Central Register Clearance. The Candidate must possess a valid NYS driver’s license with a good driving record and carry agency required levels of automobile liability insurance.
This position is benefits eligible.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
DEADLINE: December 1, 2023