SPCC's Mission, Beliefs, and Values
SPCC’s mission is to provide the best opportunities for a bright future by respectfully partnering with children and their families, advocating for their health, well-being, and safety, and working to heal and strengthen relationships.
SPCC strives to provide a healthy work culture that supports high-quality and compassionate services for children and families in our community, the following values are the foundation of all we do and guide us through times of growth and change.
1. Family-Centered Care: Children and families are the experts on their own lives and needs. We develop individualized best practices to center the well-being of children and their families from their unique perspectives.
2. Trauma-Informed Care: People are likely to have experienced trauma that impacts their behavior, thoughts, and feelings; this understanding guides us to interact with children, families, staff, and professionals with curiosity, respect, cultural humility, compassion, and empathy.
3. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: All people deserve equal respect, freedoms, opportunities, and access to justice, fairness, and safety. Diverse people, experiences, and perspectives are crucial to achieving excellence; we strive to achieve excellence by creating pathways for equity; and a culture where everyone is valued and included.
4. Relationships: It is through relationships that we learn to understand ourselves and the world around us. Relationships help us grow and heal. We strive to build safe, trustworthy, respectful, and genuine relationships with children, families, staff, and community partners to promote the health and well-being of children.
5. Reflective Practices: Reflection promotes a deeper awareness of ourselves and others. It is the most effective way for staff, children, and families to gain insight that leads to meaningful growth and healing.
6. Integrity: We strive to always act in ways that are consistent with our values, beliefs, and practices, with courage, honesty, and respect