Healthy Families Monroe (HFM)
We partner with parents to build a community of happy, healthy, safe and smart children ready for school. Using a participant-centered approach we focus on enhancing the parent-child bond.
Healthy Families is a home visiting program for pregnant women or moms who have an infant under the age of 3 months. Highly trained Family Support Specialists provide home visitation, developmental assessments, evidence-based parenting services (PAT – Parents as Teachers), family goal setting and connections to support services. The program is an affiliate of Healthy Families New York and Healthy Families America.
Program Goals include:
- Encourage Parent-Child bond and interaction
- Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
- Educate parents (Brain development, developmental milestones, etc.)
- Improve birth outcomes
- Ensure medical care and immunization compliance
- Increase school readiness
- Pregnant women or mother’s with a child under the age of 3 months.
- Parents can be any age, any pregnancy.
- It is NOT income based.
- Live in Monroe County.
How do I join or refer Healthy Family Monroe?
Anyone can make a referral to HFM. You can even refer yourself!
We strive to talk with all expectant mothers and parents of newborns in the communities we serve.
Our goal is to identify strengths and challenges prenatally or at birth and provide appropriate information and referrals to help babies get off to a healthy start.
To get started call Letitcia Alston, Program Supervisor, at 585-325-6101 ext. 202 or click the button to refer/apply online.
HFM Frequently Asked Questions
How long will HFM work with families?
Until the identified child is 5 years old or until they enter a Head Start program.
Is this preventive program?
While the goals of the program are preventive in nature, it is not a CPS or Court mandated program. Participation is completely voluntary.
What can HFM offer a family?
- A healthy childhood by helping to navigate the medical and health field.
- A safe environment through parent education.
- Encourage the healthy development of your child through screenings and activities that promote growth.
- New ideas for play that will encourage bonding and promote a positive relationship between parent & child.
- Encourage self-growth through referrals to community organizations.